I’m Rebecca Rivard and I’m thrilled to be a member of the Wolf Pack with all our awesome authors—and readers! For my first post, I thought it would be fun to list:
Five Fun Facts about Rebecca Rivard
- I have a B.A. in philosophy, which answers the age-old question: What do you do with a philosophy degree? Write steamy paranormal romance, of course!
- I’ve been a writer all my life. I’m published in non-fiction, poetry and fiction, and I’ve even been the editor of a local poetry journal. As a kid, I wrote plays for my Barbie dolls to perform (including a three-page version of The Wizard of Oz) and enlisted my friends to help act them out, and as a teenager I wrote dark poetry about death, black roses, sirens who lured men to their doom… But even though my books are still on the dark-romance side (and super sexy!), in real life I’m a happy, sunny person. Honest.
- My mom was a voracious reader of Harlequin romances, and she hooked me on them when I was a teenager. She told me for years I should write romances, but now that I do, they’re too sexy for her, LOL. (Note to Moms everywhere: Be careful what you ask for!)
By the way, the only thing worse than your eighty-something mom reading your sexy books is your (adult) kids reading them. I just try not to think about it… But both my kids read everything I write, which is awesome.
- In my other life, I’m a yoga teacher. I’ve been teaching for more than 15 years, including the past 11 years at a rehab facility for addicts in their first 28 days of recovery. And no, I’m not a Gumby—I just find it the best way to relieve stress and work out the kinks, except for, well, you know…
- I have one of the messiest offices I know and a serious book addiction. OK, that’s two, but they’re related. But hey, they say creative people tend to have messy workspaces, so I’m okay with it.
This is my office on a good day. The bookshelves surround the rest of the room, and those are only a small portion of my collection. Then there’s my Kindle…
To find out more about me, go to my website or read my author interview on the Wolf Pack Blog.
USA Today bestselling author Rebecca Rivard writes about dark shifters, sexy fae and alpha vampires—which has to be the best job ever. Seducing the Sun Fae (#1, Fada Shapeshifters) was a 2016 EPIC Awards Finalist for Best Fantasy/Paranormal Romance, and her novella Ensnared: Star, A Vampire Blood Courtesans Romance (written as part of Michelle Fox’s Blood Courtesans World), was a Night Owl Reviews Top Pick (5 stars). Her latest release, Stealing Ula: A Fada Shapeshifter Prequel, features a sexy Irish Seer and a dark Portuguese mercenary. Her website is: rebeccarivard.com